Monday, August 10, 2015

Blueberry Tartlets by Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs

I always wonder what people do with the items they purchase from me. Prudy from the beautiful blog Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs purchased one of my vintage tins to display her delicious blueberry tartlets.  Look closely in the back left of the photo and you may see it.  Although Prudy used  a tin from my shop, this post is about sharing her blog and recipes.


I love the way she uses vintage items in her photos.  Not only are her photos beautiful and inspiring, the recipes are given as well. Here's the the recipe for the tartlet.



Here is the tin Prudy used, you have to admire the vision she had when she purchased it, right?   A nice tin, but fairly plain.  She had a plan right from the beginning.  On her blog you will see many photos of other vintage items she used for inspiration.

  

These old tins are great to recycle as gift containers.  Use a pretty paper liner, fill with cookies, candies or a little gift and embellish with old ribbon, millinery and a tag.  Who wouldn't like to receive a gift like that for a birthday, special occasion or Christmas?


 I know I will be visiting Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs often!  Thanks so much Prudy for letting me use your photos.  I look forward  to seeing your future posts.

4 comments:

  1. Connie, what a wonderful post.. Thank you so much for your kind words. Honestly.. it is truly the beauty of vintage that inspires the recipes I develop for my blog.

    My love for vintage comes as natural as my inquisitive nature...wondering who owned the box, what did they use it for? What era was it from.. what kind of life did they live...etc.

    I tend to romanticize, day dreaming of a young girl holding all of her beloved treasures in that box, when in reality it could very well have held cigars!

    Either way...it's fun. I enjoy vintage items!

    It is a pleasure meeting you...and you have to know that I will definitely be back for more!

    Thank you again.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure Prudy, thanks again for allowing me to share your blog and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome. And those tarts look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old vintage tins! So many uses! I will have to check out Prudy's blog! Those tarts are making my mouth water! Yummmmmm!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails