Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE GREEN SHAG MARKET...REPURPOSE, REUSE, RECLAIM


I'd like to introduce you to The Green Shag Market, the newest and only antique mall located within the city limits of St. Louis, Missouri. There are several antique malls in the area, just not in the city. Fortunately, this one is only 10 minutes from my home. Not only is it close, it has an automatic door which opens when I walk up the RAMP! Note the emphasis on the word ramp! No steps! There is also a loading dock to back up to and unload larger items.

Located on an industrial strip of Manchester Road, the stretch between Kingshighway and Hampton, there is plenty of traffic. Only a minute or two from both major highways 40 and 44.

5733 Manchester Road
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-645-8687
Open Wed.-Sunday 10-5.


It's only been open since November and is already busting at the seams. I started out with a single booth, but just upgraded to a double. Still not full, but working on it! It is a large corner booth (#20) that can be seen from the front door and leads into the consignment area.

A closeup of the large primitive unit I purchased and then couldn't fit into my truck! lol! What a day that was! I removed one of the doors because it was blocking the aisle.

I have to bring a wardrobe in to fill this wall and I've added a glass display case since I took these photos.

My neighbor booth is overflowing with vintage clothes and tons of retro items. She also has an etsy shop LovesLoves2LoveLove that specializes in funky & chic vintage clothing,jewelry,accessories,decor, memorabilia & more!




I found another blog post on The Green Shag with several nice photos by Mr. Modtomic. I just found this blog and will definitely be adding it to my blog roll! Be sure to check it out, especially if you love retro and mid century items.

Check for frequent updates and more photos on The Green Shag Market's facebook page and their website.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like the Green Shag fits right into your needs!! I bet it's nice to also meet a fellow Etsy seller!! Yay for you!! Best wishes for much success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice! I love when the shop owners think of the sellers :) It is nice to see a ramp. Our antique mall was a warehouse once so it came equipped with 2 loading docks that you can just back up to and unload. --LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... wow you must be extra busy these days !!! and isn't it nice to have new antique shops ... it's a good sign !!! i wish you the best of business in your new spot.

    i also wish i could come shopping there ... and admire the way you arrange all your treasures. i bet that's the most fun part for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy! I still have my retail shop in Kimmswick. This mall is so close to my house I just felt I needed to give it a try. So far, so good! I just haven't had the time to fill it up and need help bringing in my bigger display pieces.

      Delete
  4. Oh ... and what an interesting name ... I don't suppose it's got avocado fluffy rugs on the floor??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about the name. I need to ask. I assume the "green" comes from recycling and reusing. The "shag" I have no idea!

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is Great. I love your brick and mortar shop. If I'm ever in the area you can bet I'll stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Carol, you are no fair....St Louis!!!!! now that is only a 5-6 hr drive from Cincinnati. If I left at 5a I'd be there in time for the doors to open? Stop laughin...rides are what we do. We went 5hr drive to pick up our Elkhound in Md. We drive 4-5hrs to Knoxville, Tn.....all over Ky and In...all in one day, usually just to go antiqueing. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What our love of vintage makes us do! I grew up in Kentucky, didn't know you were from Cincinnati, just a 2 hour drive from my hometown.

      The mall has only been open since November and already has a waiting list. There are several malls in the St. Louis area but this is the only one in the city limits of St. Louis.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails