Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Mini Antique Mall

Goodness, it's been a while! I didn't plan on taking a break, but life has a way of taking over. A lot has happened the last 6 months, including the birth of a beautiful granddaughter, my second grandchild in 2 years. Another big event is person that shared my shop space retired and moved out. For the first time in years, I have the shop all to myself. I've decided to convert the upstairs to a mini "antique mall". Not as big of a change as you might think since I've always had a renters and items on consignment. However, I am now thinking of taking on about 20 quality antique dealers. The beginning is shown in the photo above. Much work had to be done in preparation for this, including cleaning, painting and booth spaces. As you can see, the wall color was very dark. I like dark colors, but it had started to look dingy.
I took the plunge and painted it a country white. The floors are painted a dark brown. A huge difference, but I'm liking it.
Here are a few photos ...
Stay tuned for more photos as I continue to work. I have 2/3 of the upstairs done, working on this last side which was painted yellow and will share photos as soon as it's completed.
Interested in booth space? Just stop by or call the store! Looking for quality vintage and handcrafted vendors.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandbaby! How fun that would be!

    Looking good so far! Maybe I'll make it there one of these days. Even though I'm in Oklahoma, my family lives in MO. My sister was just in Kimmswick this past summer and said I need to go back with her and I agree! Now if I can just find the time to get away for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I know you are crazy over her! You have been working hard lady! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails