Saturday, November 20, 2010

VINTAGE LOVE SATURDAY...OUR CHOICE!

It's Vintage Love Saturday on SouthernLadyVintage's blog hop. This week the theme is our choice!



I wanted to share this small box of colored crayons I found this week at an estate sale. It was always so exciting as a child to go to the dime store and pick up a new box of crayons for school. Colored pencils (which is what I called them) were considered an unnecessary item and were usually passed by. What drew me to this box were the sweet graphics of mid century. The pencils are still usable but would look great in a small jar sitting on the shelf, ready to use for an art or crafting project!






Feel free to join in the blog hop! A great way to meet fellow bloggers. Each week has a different theme.

7 comments:

  1. I loved using colored pencils instead of wax crayons for those delicate, muted art projects ... I never could draw but coloring was such a soothing pasttime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved colored pencils too! Love the graphics on the box! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love those graphics. So many of that error look like they may have been drawn by the same person, don't they. Wonder if there's a term for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops. that should be era, not error (wonder if that was Freudian, or just a brain bubble)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful Thanks and great weekend! I loved to color...shhh...a little secret....I use neices as an excuse to still do it..hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails