Friday, June 4, 2010

RECYCLE REDUCE REUSE REPURPOSE


These delightful banners were created by Jill Ruth. Many thanks to her for allowing me to use this for my Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose series. More information can be found on her blog JillRuth & Co. We are proud to have her as member of our Vintage Market Etsy Team.

These banners are perfect examples of how to repurpose a vintage item without actually changing it. She took bib overall metal hardware, vintage fabric scraps, buttons and added embroidery to make what she calls one of a kind "tree banners". These are for Christmas but I can see them used for holidays, birthdays and special occasions.

I find these at estates sales in sewing baskets. I never imagined they could be used for something so unique!

This part of the hardware is used as a frame.

These can be used for hangers.

She added baling wire as a decorative touch or a hanger. Not grungy enough? Use scented coffee to give a darker aged look!


You can visit Jill Ruth & Co. on etsy for one of a kind creations made with vintage supplies and Through the Viewfinder Photographs.
And Jill Ruth on etsy for wonderful vintage finds.

All photographs used with permission of JillRuth&Co

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my banners Connie! Let me know if you get the chance to make yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails