Thursday, May 6, 2010

VINTAGE CRAFTING INSTRUCTIONAL BOOKLETS

Bread Dough Minatures

You can find this book on making Bread Dough Minatures in my Antiques Galore Gal etsy shop.
I have always loved to sew and craft. I would spend hours locked away with nothing but my fabric and craft supplies. A day out was spent in a favorite fabric or craft store, usually with 1 or 2 kids in tow. In the 1970's decoupage was very popular. It still is, only in different forms such as altered art. Today, I still love to sew. Scrapbooking has become my favorite craft, along with rubber stamping and altered art.

I guess that is why I can't pass these booklets up when I come across them at sales. Who wouldn't want to decorate their next party with these adorable little figures. Vintage party and tray favors instructional book dated 1977. Over 50 ideas for every kind of party and holiday. A fun booklet from the Creative American Craft Series. More information in my Etsy shop

Another fun book is Crafting With Felt. Crafting with felt is fun, colorful and inexpensive. A great way to entertain children as well. More info on this book here

Who could forget these crafts made with egg cartons, which are still available today! Read more about this here

Crafting with eggs is more for the serious crafter, involving a gentle and steady hand. I'm always amazed at the intricate detail. More info on this book here

Here is hardback book on making Elegant Eggs

Last, but not least, the craft of dip glass. More info here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails