Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ESTATE SALE FINDS


Most people look forward to the weekends because they are off work. Not me! I'm one of those people who LOVE what I do! The first thing I do every Friday morning is to check the newspaper on-line classified ads for estate sales. This past week had some promising ads, so with my list in hand, I left to seek the weekly treasures I need to stock my store. There is nothing more exciting than to drive up to a sale and seeing people walk out with bags of "stuff"! You can usually get a feel for the sale as soon as you walk in the door. Is there a line??? Are the tables piled high?

The sales this past weekend were disappointing except for one. This one had an entire room of fabric, trims and ribbon. I spent a long time sorting through boxes on the floor and under the table. I found so many things I could barely make my way to the check out. That day, I kept thinking about everything I left behind. Yup, you guessed it. I went back the next morning, just hoping there were a few things left.

Needless to say, I purchased more trims! I made my way to the check out and the lady said "today is 1/2 price day". Can it get any better???

Here are a few of the things I got, I'm slowing listing them in my etsy shop, AntiquesGaloreGal. I hope you have the time to take a peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails